Connect with us

Vizio GV47L

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by fishbowl85, Feb 27, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. fishbowl85

fishbowl85

Feb 27, 2013
    Ok got a problem I haven't been able to figure out yet. I have a 47" vizio that went out about 3 weeks ago. Yellow lights for menu, vol, ch, source and power are on but not picture. It was reported that a low pitched whine was heard prior to the set going out and it was also reported that there were issues for months prior with whine noises at start up. I have done the following:

Searched all circuit boards for bulged or blown capacitors - none found.
    Tested main board voltage regulators - tested fine.
    Checked all fuses, on main board, power supply board and inverters - all fine.
    Checked power going into inverters - no 24v power at either inverter - 5.1v at master
    Checked all power output from the power supply and discovered - CN2 No Power, CN3 No power, CN4 No Power, CN5 No Power at the 12v points but 5.1V discovered at the 5v points.

I replaced the power supply and got the same results. I figured because the board was used, it could have been a defective part so I returned it and purchased a board from Retech (also used) and still the same problem except I am getting some weird readings from the 24v points, this time they are reading .8 volts. Power supply board number is 0500-0507-0260. Is it really possible to have gotten 2 bad boards or am I missing something? Retech will send me a new board or refund my money but this is getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question