Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vizio 0500-0507-0560

Johnny Ray

Aug 8, 2012
Anybody know the value of the R805A resistor on a Vizio 0500-0507-0560 power supply board.and if it can be had locally? I've desoldered it from the board, the darn thing is so small very hard to see the color code plus it's popped so the colors could have heat discoloration. What I think I see is 1st band is either Red or Brown 2nd band Black 3rd band Silver 4th band Gold 5th band Black. I would just order a whole new power supply but there none available. Thanks in advance for your help.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Johnny
welcome to the forums :)

the first thing to do would be get a service manual or at least a circuit diagram of the PSU section
Have you tried googling that model # and service manual ?
its probably where any of us would have to start for information :)

cheers
Dave

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I would just order a whole new power supply but there none available.

There is one on Ebay and several in a quick Google search...

As for the resistor take it out in the daylight with a magnifine glass and try to get a better idea of the colors, or snap a good picture of it... Do you have a scanner? If so you can even scan it, the scanner has a nice clean light and high pixel count resulting in a nice photo ;)

whiskeycat

Apr 11, 2012
hey guys we could use the model no. of your set when asking for help here...I have the time and can search for a service manual for you but need a model no.

As to parts have you tried [time to stop advertising] ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Ray

Aug 8, 2012
Thanks for all you guys help, was able to get another power supply, just had to wait a week or 2.