Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VISTA 4120 XM Locked out by previous installer

corbel

Feb 21, 2009
I tried searchin, but came up empty, i have an older vista 4120 that was montiored by someone who is not cooperative. I tried to have a new installer take over the service, but he cant get into the panel and said it was locked out by the previous installer with no back door in. Said the the previous installer needs to dial in from his cpu and either reset it to the factory default, or unlock the ability to patch in directly. Please help, system is not monitored, and do not want to have to install new system. How can it be that the owner of the system cant get into his own panel, this frustrates me to no end.

Is there a way to force previous installer to give the new guy access, or is my only option to purchase new board? I understand the security concerns with installer codes, however, I feel that as the owner of the system, I should be able to change monitoring companies without having to purchase new equipment. Can honeywell o the actual monitoring company help? Both installers use the same service?