Connect with us

Vintage Reed Switch Keypad

For Sale: Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by scheua, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scheua

scheua

Mar 17, 2016
    Hello there. I've came across two vintage NOS condition Reed switch keypads, want to sell them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282060824575

I hope the price is reasonable, I've performed a search of similar sold listings on eBay and based my pricing on that. I think all of you know what a Reed switch is, but still [​IMG] Reed switch is an electrical switch triggered by a magnet. Each key in the keypad has a small magnet attached, and electrodes of the key are connected via such switch (normally open). When you press the key, magnet moves close by the switch and activates it (short circuits the electrodes).

This would be great for some sort of DIY steempunk project, it can be connected to Arduino / microcontroller basically the same way as a regular 4x4 keypad. This thing is heavy and looks pretty cool, I would use it for some fun lockbox project myself, but I need the money :)

Ask a Question