Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Vintage Radiomobile 501T question

Hematite243

Feb 12, 2019
Greetings. I'm interested in replacing the light bulb in a vintage Radiomobile 501T car radio. There doesn't appear to be a marking on this small bulb. Does anyone know the number for a replacement bulb?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Hematite243 . . . . .

Need a photo of the bulb envelope and basing and physical measurements thereof.
For that '61-2 ish vintage unit it would be a 12-14 VDC lamp and not over wattage / current, in case of any nearby plastic dial plate that might be discolored / melted.
I'm thinking of a 150-300 ma range . . . . . my schematic only gave it a it a schematic designator of PL1 . . .NO furter info was provided . . . as would be on a full parts listing.

73's de Edd . . . . .

My family was s o o o poor, that if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with.

Hematite243

Feb 12, 2019
Sir Hematite243 . . . . .

Need a photo of the bulb envelope and basing and physical measurements thereof.
For that '61-2 ish vintage unit it would be a 12-14 VDC lamp and not over wattage / current, in case of any nearby plastic dial plate that might be discolored / melted.
I'm thinking of a 150-300 ma range . . . . . my schematic only gave it a it a schematic designator of PL1 . . .NO furter info was provided . . . as would be on a full parts listing.

73's de Edd . . . . .

My family was s o o o poor, that if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have had anything to play with.

Thanks for your reply. This is a pic. Fairly small bulb. Wish there was a marking.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    473 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks for your reply. This is a pic. Fairly small bulb. Wish there was a marking.

well it should be pretty straight forward ... measure the voltage across the socket that the bulb screws into and choose your wattage
it's probably around 0.1 to 0.5 W

That screw thread is very common