Connect with us

Video Uploader

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Supercap2F, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Supercap2F

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
    Is there some way to upload videos to the forum directly, so you don't have to go though youtube? I think it would be quite handy for repair threads, so you could just take a video of the problem when it's happening. And I think it might also be good to have for project logs.

Thats fine if it takes to much space on the forum, I was just wondering. :)

Regards

Dan

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I think that it's just that youtube provides such an easy interface *and* the files are so large that it's not worth most web sites using anything else.

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    It's technically possible, but it takes up such a large amount of storage space and YouTube works so well, that it's not worth us trying to add our own version. The forum software should integrate pretty closely with Youtube, so a link will show a video within the thread automatically :).

Perhaps the forum software coders will add a way to make video uploading easier at some point, but for now there's not much I can do :oops:.

FuZZ1L0G1C and Supercap2F like this.
  4. Supercap2F

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
    OK. Yeah I thought it would take up to much space.

Thanks for your time:)

Dan

5. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    No problem, I always like to hear suggestions and ideas :D.

Ask a Question