Connect with us

VGA splitter

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by jomak, Mar 25, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jomak

jomak

Mar 25, 2015
    I have a PC computer, a macbook laptop, and one external monitor that only has 1 VGA input. When I play games I plug in a VGA cable from my PC to my monitor and when I do schoolwork I unplug that VGA from my monitor and plug in a different VGA cable that's connected to my laptop to extend its screen size.
    I'm getting tired of having to switch the cables on my monitor every time I want to switch sources (yes I'm lazy) and I'm paranoid I'm going to wear out the pins on the VGA cables.
    Does there exist like a box I can plug in both source VGA cables as inputs and which has one output cable that connects to my monitor, with a switch that I simply flip to choose which VGA input to use?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    Hi
    welcome to EP :)

yup they exist

do a google search for VGA switchers, there are many makes and models

cheers
    Dave

ADRT likes this.
  3. shumifan50

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
    Depending on how much money you want to spend on a KVM (keyboard/video/mouse switch), they can switch your keyboard, mouse, monitor, USB and sound between different computers.
    Search for KVM switches.

Gryd3 and davenn like this.
Ask a Question