Connect with us

very small wireless switch?

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by magicvault, Sep 28, 2009.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. magicvault

magicvault

Sep 28, 2009
    Hello all.

Let me start by saying I am in NO WAY an electronics person. I know a little basics but thats it.

What I am however is a professional magician and inventor of magic items.

I now have the need to be able to turn on and off a small vibration motor remotely.

This vibration motor fits inside of a jumbo magic marker (to give you an idea of the size I am looking at.) The barrel is a little over 1/2 inch diameter.

What I have been using till now is a reed switch and a small flesh colored magnet stuck on my palm to activate it when I wave my hand over it... but that is exactly what I want to get rid of... I want to make this prop truly remote where I can be 10 ft away and still have the pen start to move on command.

So basically I am looking to replace this reed switch with some type of wireless on/off switch. Nothing fancy... just something that would flick a switch or relay on/off with the press of a button remotely.

Ive been looking at

Key Chain Transmitter with decoded receiver module (XETX02A, XERE02A)
    Product Code#:XETR01
    The compact 433MHz RF module can be used up to 45 meters away. The receiver module with integrated decoder is easily connected to relay or microrocessor.

from xenon-tech dot com

Ive been looking at that, but I am not sure if that will do it - it talks about DATA... im not passing data - I just need to have something to pass power like the reed switch does.

Any suggestions, Ideas, or advice?

Ask a Question