Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Very Simple Electronics Question

Electronics2014

Feb 19, 2014
I am making a circuit which will run of a 9V. All l do is connect the 9V battery to the loud speaker and it plays a siren noise.

Considering that l may only use this very infrequently and that the battery is ALWAYS connected to the terminals, l just wanted to know in your opinion which of the circuits A or B would be best and optimum for battery power conservation. I should not think that there would be any difference but just wanted to check with you.

Thank you

Attachments

• Question.JPG
    Question.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 92

Divedeep

Feb 2, 2014
Circuit A is the most practical as it saves on a second switch.

Current cannot flow through the circuit until the circuit is completed by pressing the switch. Disconnecting the second terminal of the battery will do nothing to help conserve power.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
What makes you think connecting a 9V battery to a speaker will make a siren noise?

Bob

Electronics2014

Feb 19, 2014
Thanks, it only occurred to me as sometimes you put brand new batteries in a device, not use it and leave it for a month and then you find the batteries are completely dead/drained. hence, my original question. Thanks for the responses.

Electronics2014

Feb 19, 2014
What makes you think connecting a 9V battery to a speaker will make a siren noise?

Bob

It is a device that has a circuit built in the speaker which produces the two alternating frequency tones. That was the only symbol l could find without drawing whole schematic out.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Oh, okay, so not a speaker after all, but a siren module.

Bob