Connect with us

Vertical JFET?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Robert Latest, Nov 3, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hello,

    does anybody know of a commercially available small-signal "vertical"
    JFET? This would be a FET where one of the drain/source contacts is on
    the wafer backside, like in most standard bipolar transistors. The gate
    is a fingered or ring-shaped structure that clamps off the carriers that
    move vertically through the crystal.

    A friend of mine once built one into a test pattern of a bipolar
    transistor wafer just for fun, and he claims it worked like a charm. Out
    of curiosity I looked and found a few patents on that topology. But I'm
    not aware of any commercial product that actually works like this.

    Are you?

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day