Connect with us

Vertical IC Rerplacement

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by Comnics, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Comnics

Comnics

Feb 12, 2012
    Hi! to All.. i have something to share. i discovered that the 4 vertical IC's with not the same number are the same function.

UTC78040
    TDA8127
    AN5522
    TDA9302

i hope this will give help.

2. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    While the first and the last are similar form factors and SIMILAR function as far as I can tell they are all totally different

There are many IC's that have the same function but are made by different companies and therefor have different numbers and possibly different pinouts but these are not

Do you have the data sheets for them?

3. Comnics

Comnics

Feb 12, 2012
    no need data sheet of that ic's because i've used this 4 kinds of IC's and yes its true different companies and different IC's names but even I cannot believe at first until I proved it to myself.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    You are missing the point !! :)

Yes they are all vertical o-p IC's but they are NOT SWAPPABLE
    They have different pin connections ..... So YES you would need the data sheets

what you have done is list a bunch of IC's that have the same purpose tho their function is a bit different

I would be the same as me saying hey I have discovered 4 microprocessor chips...

a Z80, a MC68000, a 286 and a quad core pentium

Yup they are all micros, but they have different part numbers and manufacturers and pin outs and they are NOT interchangeable ;)

What you need to realise in the electronics industry there are many many chips that have the same purpose by different manufacturers but are not pinned the same way :)

cheers
    Dave

5. Comnics

Comnics

Feb 12, 2012
    i have a small shop here in PH repairing Computer and Electronics. and i use that ic's in one TV. i pull out first the original Vertical IC and i replace the 3 IC's one by one, and nothing is change, the function is normal, no blown up, and there's no deference in function, that's why i am sure that it is the same in use! i swear!

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    I looked at the data sheets last nite, they all have different pin outs

Dave

7. Comnics

Comnics

Feb 12, 2012
    ok, for me tested and proven.

8. GreenGiant

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
    It seems that the TV in question while you were testing it did not use the section of the board that uses that particular IC for some reason, maybe because it is for a specific input, output, internal function etc.

These IC's are not the same, in any way other than the footprint, and they cannot be used interchangeably

9. keciimra

keciimra

Dec 28, 2014
    UTC78040, AN5522 and TDA9302 have same pinouts (1-inverting IN, 2-supply, 3-flyback gen, 4-ground, 5-output, 6-output supply, 7-non-invert IN) but the TDA 8127 doesnt seem to have info on the web. Therefore the first three heatsink-mounted vertical ic's are identical but from different manufacturer

10. Douglas Duran

Douglas Duran

Mar 21, 2019
    dO WE HAVE A REPLACEMENT FOR la78141?

Ask a Question