Connect with us

VCR Motor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Pabloide88, Jun 14, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Pabloide88

Pabloide88

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm trying to control thisVCR motor. It has 7 pins, tracking the routes I managed to figure out what some of them were (I think) but 2 of them go to this board beneath the coils that has this weird zig zag pattern:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gth8tkiufs7ay26/2013-06-14 16.26.08.jpg

Anyone has any idea of what does it do and what voltage to apply to those 2 pins?

2. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    You might have to try by trial and error.
    Most of these types of motors are 3-phase synchronous so you should be able to ohm it out. And to run it properly you will need to tap into the hall effect devices.
    I recently ran a motor like this by running the windings with a computer controlled pulse generator that had several output. So I simulated three phase and the motor ran but I had to give the shaft a push start because I did not use the hall effect sensors..

3. Pabloide88

Pabloide88

Jun 14, 2013
    Ok great. I will try until it works.
    Another question, the speed control pin could be a pwm signal or just a dc signal?

4. Number

Number

Jun 9, 2013
    I've taken a few of them apart and I think it needs just standard DC. But I would run it with a square wave. that way it'll work regardless. Hope this helps.

5. eKretz

eKretz

Apr 8, 2013
    The "zig-zag" square wave trace is for a position encoder.

Ask a Question