Maker Pro
Maker Pro

VCLFO question

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Not quite sure how to word this correctly which is probably why I couldn't find what I needed off google

How do I change the sweep/voltage range on the cv out of VCLFO's, been trying to find a circuit, but think I lack the terminology to find what I need.
wave shape voltage range.jpg
I've added a diagram in case I'm not making any sense here. The first diagram shows a triangle wave sweeping from -12v to +12v, the second shows a traingle wave sweeping fomr -6v to +6v.

I've attached the MFOS VCLFO circuit I am using also.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Attachments

• mfos schematic vclfo.gif
    mfos schematic vclfo.gif
    31 KB · Views: 125

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
How about a simple resistive voltage divider? Vout = Vin /2 should do the trick.

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
How about a simple resistive voltage divider? Vout = Vin /2 should do the trick.
Cheers Harald. That's simple enough, passive also. Now I understand why I'm gonna need a LOAD of CV mixers. ;-).... still new to this modular game

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Following your lead I'm looking at this CV mixer with two op amp stages. Am I right in thinking that "offset function" means inverted and non-inverted outputs? If so (just jumping ahead here) it would be really good if both could be selected on a single pot.... if half rotation meant zero mix for either, but pot fully clockwise would mean maximum noninverted mix and fully anti clockwise meant maximum inverted mix. Is this possible? CV mixer with offset function.gif

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Am I right in thinking that "offset function" means inverted and non-inverted outputs?
Obviously, although that is not the classic definition of an offset.
The circuit is rather simple:
upload_2017-11-3_8-35-50.png
Potentiometer R3 is usd to mix the outputs of U1 (non-inverting) and U2 (inverting). An optional buffer amplifier may be used to decouple the output from the comparatively high impedance of the potentiometer.

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
In fact, been watching EEv opamp tutorials on youtube. Let me see if I can try and figure this out on 5SPICE first.

I doubt I'll be able to figure out a configoration for my Pot question but I'd like to see if I can figure out at least two op amp stages with desired voltage outputs +/- 5v with inverted and non inverted outs.

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Well nearly got there in time before I couldn't resist looking at your circuit. Thanks. I'll work out how to change the values to match my system.

In future I'll try to simulate at least something before asking so I can push my learning.

cheers

Darren

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
Oh and thanks for the wiki link, tabbed to read later on at my workshop