Connect with us

VC3165 Frequency Counter schematic

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Bodgerbill, Mar 5, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bodgerbill

Bodgerbill

Mar 3, 2020
    The schematic diagram does not seem to be correct but it is the only one I can find on the Net.
    My VC3165 has the "B" input going via a cap to the MB506 chip, not the "A" input.

I seem to have damaged my B input with a bit of static and have ordered a new MB506 I.C.
    The A input still works fine.
    There are no back to back diodes fitted to the B input on my counter.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    @Bodgerbill : What is your question? Why did you hijack an old thread from 2012 (with an intermediate update from 2016)?

Gcmarsh43 likes this.
  3. Bodgerbill

Bodgerbill

Mar 3, 2020
    Well, I was wondering if anyone had the correct schematic.
    Sorry,I didn't check the date.

4. HectorPascal

HectorPascal

Mar 31, 2020
    Hi Bodgerbill,
    Did you ever find a readable and "correct" 3165 schematic? The one you posted is just TOO hard to make out!
    I'm vaguely thinking about designing an input interface for a GPS disciplined frequency standard.
    Thanks
    Hector

5. Sjmmarsh

Sjmmarsh

Jun 26, 2020
    I have a VC3165 with the same problem as the original poster on the other thread - it is ‘stuck’ on channel B and the three buttons in the middle don’t do anything. I found this thread to see if anyone has managed to resolve the issue.

Interestingly, only channel b Input seems to work but it is reading signals generated by an antenna tester from 1.8Mhz to 51Mhz (the ranges it covers) despite Channel B claiming to be for 50Mhz to 2.4 GHz.

Any update on what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Steve

Ask a Question