Connect with us

Variable switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Bob Shatney, Jun 15, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bob Shatney

    Bob Shatney

    Jun 15, 2015
    I am looking for a plunger style switch that is activated by either a in or out motion once it is set. It is for a small 9v project. The movement would be from 1 in. to 1/8 in.

  2. Gryd3


    Jun 25, 2014
    I'm not exactly sure what you are after... ?
    Most push style switches are classified with the following properties:
    Contact Type:
    -Normally Open. (Push in to activate)
    -Normally Closed. (Push in to deactivate)
    Mechanical Type:
    -Push-on / Push-off (Push in, and the button will latch. Push in again to unlatch.)
    -Momentary. (Button will return to it's resting state immediately when you stop pressing it.)
  3. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    Emergency 'Stop' switches sound like what you're looking for.
    Overkill for a small 9V project, but I'd check on-line for vendor catalogs to find what you're looking for.
    Digi-Key, Mouser, Parts Expess,
    Bigger vendors probably wouldn't sell to an individual, but if you check them you can find detailed information on switches available,
    and using that information, you can Google the exact switch you want, and buy it from somebody who'll sell to individuals.
    Newark, Allied, Grainger.
    Good luck, it's out there, you just have to find it.
  4. Colin Mitchell

    Colin Mitchell

    Aug 31, 2014
    It's called a push-push switch. 30 cents on ebay.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day