Connect with us

V40100P Alternative

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by warf135, Feb 16, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. warf135

warf135

May 21, 2011
    Hello,

I'm looking for an alternative for V40100P Schottky Diode as i cant find the original part (except on digi-key and they want £12 postage!!!). Anyone know a suitable replacement? Its from the secondary side of a switch mode power supply thats used to power radio equipment.

Thanks all!
    Norm.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Try these.

Is there anything particularly special about that device? Can you use an alternate part that's easier to source for you?

3. warf135

warf135

May 21, 2011
    Thanks for that link Steve, unfortunately most of the suppliers are in the US (I'm UK) and mouser.com don't have it in stock it seems

As far as I can tell its just a pretty standard 20 amp switch mode power supply (with maybe some extra filtering as its used with radio equipment), so I'm hoping that there is an alternate part that can be used instead.

UPDATE: I've now ordered a 40CPQ100GPBF, it has the same configuration/amps/volts and other specs are similar so hopefully it will work ok.

UPDATE 2: The 40CPQ100GPBF diode worked perfectly as a replacement for the V40100P and the power supply is running well.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
Ask a Question