Maker Pro
Maker Pro

V30H NiMH Battery String

Militoy

Aug 24, 2010
I have a UV Integrating Radiometer - a Dynachem Model 500 - that I need to replace the batteries in. The battery string is unusually-placed - flat, with 5 Varta V30H NiMH cells in a series configuration, laid out in an arc. I guess they're laid out like this because the meter is round - like a hockey puck. I'm looking for a reasonable cost source for the cells, already welded together with the tabs, so I can stretch them out in the meter. Thanks for any suggestions!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Some time ago I needed a custom battery pack and I didn't have huge problems finding someone who could supply the cells and weld the tabs,

This was in Australia, so mentioning "Batteries Plus" is not going to help you a great deal, but I expect you have many similar options.

If I was going to do it by hand, I'd just get tabbed cells and solder the tabs together so that the batteries could be placed as required.

Oooh, they're tiny batteries

Militoy

Aug 24, 2010
I'm more lazy than that - I did locate 3-cell packs with a Google search - but I just know in my heart, that someone, somewhere knows where the heck I can find a string of 5 or more cells!

Actually - I guess I might be stuck soldering tabs. I'm not too battery-ish with the little cells. How much heat will they take? Can I just lay down flux, and drop the iron on them?