Maker Pro
Maker Pro

using/hacking an lcd panel

mikgol

Jul 6, 2013
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, or even the right forum for this - but I thought i'd ask in case anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have an eee pc lcd panel (for a 1000h), and I want to get some kind of driver for something, so that I can use it with any computer via hdmi input.

I'm not really sure where to start, or where to ask for help. Can someone please point me in the right direction :) I'm guessing I need to buy some kind of driver - as the lcd panel is small and has some ribbon cable connection to it.

Thanks,
Mike

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there :)

dunno what an eee pc or a 1000h is ??

is this a complete LCD screen (monitor) in case with power and other inputs or just a bare panel ( which I suspect) ?

if complete, what inputs does the monitor currently have ?

lots more info needed for anyone to be able to help you ;)

if just a bare panel....
you need to get the specific make and model of panel and then go to the manufacturer for info

Dave

Last edited:

mikgol

Jul 6, 2013
Thanks for your reply Dave.

EEE PC 1000h is one of those ultra-small laptops ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus_Eee_PC

... they were popular before tablets came along.

I think it's just a bare panel - I bought it off ebay, it's got a ribbon cable with lots of wires - I can take a photo and post it if that helps.

I'm pretty sure it will only work with the eee pc 1000h with those inputs, but I've seen on the web people hacking lcd monitors from smartphones, tablets, laptops etc. so I was hoping someone here might be able to point me to a forum where people muck around with these things :)

It's not really an electronics question i guess, I just don't know where to start my research.

Cheers,
Mike

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's very much an electronics question.

It's also a matter of determining the specs of the device and gong from there.

I certainly don't know what sort of interface it supports, and the only way I could reasonably find out is to determine the part number and go looking for the datasheet...