Connect with us

Using gaming headphones for iPod

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Volt, Jan 13, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Volt

Volt

Jan 13, 2012
    Hi, I recently purchased a pair of TDK gaming headphones to use with my PS3 and PSP. They work like a charm, but I was hoping to also use them with my iPod for when I work out. Trouble is, unlike normal headphones, they have unnecessary Audio cables that are connected via a branch from the cord. I do not have any use for them, as I only need one cable, the one used to connect the headphones to the iPod (Or TV). Is it possible to remove them? Even if it means cutting them off, which I would already have tried if I wasn't worried about breaking the headphones entirely and/or getting electrocuted. They are a real pain in the ass when I'm jogging, etc.

2. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    a few things here. giving more info on the type of headphones helps alot
    are they surround sound or is it normal with a mic jack?
    have you tried the different plugs in your ipod already and what result did you get?
    my advice for all of this it try the different chords and IF you get sound and are happy with it then sticky tape (or duct tape cos thats what us electronic enthusiasts use) the excess chords together so they don't get annoying.
    IF however you get no sound after trying all the different ends then cutting chords won't do a thing unless you find out which ones will produce sound for you

Ask a Question