Maker Pro

Using an oscillated capacitor as a transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
No transistor amping!!

40464224_756164188064974_4594943991094444032_n.jpg

If you oscillate a and b, you can get an amplification effect, but I dont think its a multiply, but on the amp phase, the 2 capacitors, both emptied will charge together as one.

If the "signal" cap is blocked in phase a, then it stays blocked. Thats unless youve waited or knocked the capacitor and sent it neutral - so if it was ram, then it would need to be constantly refreshed at 60hz or so, and u wouldnt want to bump it. So its very volatile.

But I have something curious in my mind about it, that im wondering what creates the limit between it being on and off, how little can I charge it, to set off the big capacitor - because obviously they eventually dont join forces, because the signal is too full, and is at the "threshold" where it wont count as a capacitor anymore.

This is important, because I want to know how little current I put into and still detect it, because obviously, the more little the current it worked with, the more successful an invention it is.

So I wonder what is the rule reason why of it?

Cannonball

May 6, 2017
Could you give a brief explanation of how this circuit works? I don't see how it could work, all the parts are passive parts.

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
Its run off an oscillator, connect a and b to the oscillator phases (a multivibrator would do it), but because its just a test demo circuit, you either connect the signal phase if you want a 1, and disconnect if you want a 0.

So it joins cap powers to amplify the signal. The active part's are the poles themselves.

Im still not sure about how to get it more reactive, but I think it makes it more leaky like dram.

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
The a poles go on every first step, the b poles go on the second step. (of the oscILLATOR)

you can put a resistor on the negatives if you want to be more component friendly, but it just slows your caps down, thats why i dont like em. =)

The caps are 2 parallel lines, I prefer them symmetrical, (the cap not the lines) they are less bothersome to hook up. If u look at the diagram, then youll see theres a little cap up the top that goes through the "a" phase of the oscillator (solid state works fine.) and the "b" phase of the oscillator goes through both the little cap (the signal) and the larger cap (the amping capacitor) In series, they will act as a single capacitor together. (basic students law.)

The resistor around the amping cap (the lower.) doesnt need to be there, just puts an auto leak on it, so I can test it easier without having to constantly back charge it every new test. The resistor on the top counts for the "line level signal" being very weak.

each phase is a completely different starting position, sorry the oscillator is not in the picture, but im having difficulties getting the finished circuit. I havent got my avalanche powerful enough yet to dump my capacitor.

The led still lights, heres a demonstration video of the circuit:

Last edited:

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Your circuit does not amplify anything. The resistors reduce the level of the oscillator in the earphone and the capacitors simply pass the signal like pieces of wire.

ratstar

Aug 20, 2018
The oscillator isnt whats going into the speaker, its to run the system, if you were to use it with audio the signal goes in, in phase a, and then you go to the speaker in phase b, but your oscillator has to be running at the nyquist of the output.

One of the capacitors is blocked, when the signal isnt there, when the signal is there, it runs through both.

Sorry my circuits are so unorthodox no-one can read them... im not imperially trained, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.