Connect with us

USB on micro SD slot problem

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by excrucio, Apr 11, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. excrucio

excrucio

Apr 11, 2010
    How to connect usb stick on micro sd slot??
    (transced JF V30 16GB stick)
    Anyone to help???

2. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    You can not connect a USB memory stick to any kind of a SD slot. They are two totally different interfaces.

---55p

3. excrucio

excrucio

Apr 11, 2010
    that's not right,
    you CAN connect usb to micro SD, the device is called mobidapter, I think, but it's expensive to me so I'm trying to make my own

4. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    You can connect everything to a PC and transfer the information. Instead of using a PC, you can use one of many micros to emulate a SD card and then have the micro be a master to a USB device. That is what the device you are talking about most probably does. It is not easy or simple, hence the cost.

Bottom line, you just can not "connect" a USB device to a SD slot.

---55p

5. excrucio

excrucio

Apr 11, 2010
    you didn't get it
    just google mobidapter and you'll see

6. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    I looked at their website and it does exactly as I had speculated. The white body has a microprocessor that emulates a SD card to the phone/PDA while acting as a master to the USB.

If you do not want to buy their product, then you need to do a lot of electrical and mechanical engineering to get things in the right form factor and then A LOT of software on the embedded micro to achieve the functionality that they have, exactly as I had suggested earlier.

No matter how badly you want it to be so, it is not as simple as just connecting a few wires from one connector to another.

---55p

7. excrucio

excrucio

Apr 11, 2010
    ok
    you are right
    i was hoping that is simple
    but i was wrong

it is looks like that i must buy mobidapter

Ask a Question