Maker Pro
Maker Pro

USB I/O

orosmatthew

Dec 5, 2015
Let's say I wanted to push a button and then have it talk to my computer using USB or something and map it to a key. What is the easiest way to do this? If you want to know why I am asking, It's because I want to make a Flight Simulator Cockpit and I do not know how to make buttons talk to my computer and map them.

Thanks
-Matthew

Anon_LG

Jun 24, 2014
The easiest way by far would be to use a pi rather than a standard desktop. It just so happens that I am also building a flight simulator and am doing so with the pi 2. It also happens that the pi zero has been recently released, convenient if you do not want to make a large investment. The raspberry pi can run a simple python or C++ function to test the input, and even provide outputs. In my opinion a Pi would be infinitely easier to use as this is the type of thing that it was designed for.

Tell me more about your project, which language are you using? How advanced are you within this language? What previous experience do you have working with you language? To what extent are you building this cockpit? What types of inputs and outputs are you thinking of utilising?

Is this part of a competition or an individual project?

Thanks,

orosmatthew

Dec 5, 2015
I speak English, I use python and I am still kind of learning in it. This is just a small cessna 172 cockpit just for fsx, It probably won't be anything super special or anything but I want it to have some cool little switches and things like the real plane. And I am doing this just for fun. :) How would the Raspberry Pi talk to fsx?

Last edited: