Connect with us

USB Hub Socket question.

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by siliconmike, Jun 18, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. siliconmike

    siliconmike Guest

    All USB hubs that I have seen come with an input (to hub) USB cable
    hard-wired to the case.

    The one, that I plan to build, would have a detachable cable.

    What type of socket (A or B or other) could be used as receptacle for
    input to the USB hub, without violating the standard.

    Any help would be very much appreciated.


  2. The Stratitec four port USB hub on this computer uses a "B" port for
    the input, four "A" ports for peripherals, and a coaxial power connector
    to the wall wart. I don't see a model number, and its not on their
    website: I think that I bought it in
    2001, just before Microdyne started to down size and close their local

    Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to
    prove it.
    Member of DAV #85.

    Michael A. Terrell
    Central Florida
  3. I still use an (obsolete USB 1.1) Belkin F5U021 4-port that has a
    detachable root-port cable. I dunno if their current models also do.
    This one's a type B (not mini-B), if that helps.

    If I may ask, why do you insist on a detachable root-port cable?

    Mark L. Fergerson
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day