Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Urgent Xbox one help please

Yolodeath7

Feb 14, 2022
Okay so this all started when I got a wireless Xbox controller this morning… I tried connecting it to the Xbox and it wouldn’t sync then I realized when I press the sync button on the console it doesn’t do anything like make the light blink. After searching YouTube videos I decided to check out my ribbon inside Xbox. I got the lid off but the top came off completely and the ribbon was intact but not attached so I assumed the ribbon wasn’t even on. So I reconnect it and try the sink button nothing im messing with it and finally give up so I try and see if it’s still good and plug in hdmi cord. Now my wired controllers don’t turn on and it doesn’t connect to the tv, it doesn’t even recognize it. The console on button works and the disk drive so like what’s up. Is my Xbox broken? Did I accidentally hit something inside my Xbox, if anyone knows anything about this situation please let me know asap before I keep having a mental breakdown

narkeleptk

Oct 3, 2019
I suggest checking some youtube videos about xbox one repairs. Watch carefully as they open and close the units up. Then open yours back up and see whats not connected properly.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Fitting ribbon cable can be very hit/miss - alignment and proper seating is crucial and the use of the retaining clip (if it has one) very important. Over-flexing of the ribbon can also cause breaks in the tracks - there is much to go wrong with even a simple item like this.

Post some images of the inside - as you find it - and we might be able to see if the alignment is ok.