Maker Pro
Maker Pro

[URGENT][Eagle 6.3.0]Cannot open schematic!

KernelPanic

Dec 21, 2012
Dear Sirs and Madams!

I am working on audio project and therefore drawing schematics in Eagle 6.3.0. Now, I have a huge and devastating problem, which I am gettnig desperate at. I created project form scracth and started drawing schematics. Then I saved, exited Eagle and the next day I restarted Eagle, but, could not open schematics anymore, because of this error:
Loading C:/projects/examples/Proj/Proj.sch ...

Error:

line 9374, column 6: redefinition of name 'BUS_VOLUME_CONTROL[0..3]' in tag <bus>
I searched on web but could nto find any good reference to solve this error so I restarted project FROM SCRATCH and yesterday I saved and exited Eagle. Today I restarted Eagle and got very similiar error:
Loading C:/eagle/Proj/Proj.sch ...

Error:

line 8473, column 6: redefinition of name 'BUS_MATRIX_COMMAND_I2C[0..1],SDA,SCL' in tag <bus>
Both project seem to be trashed and now I have to start over again. Can someone help me please?

Sincerely,
Marko

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Do a Google search for

"redefinition of name" Eagle

Complete as typed above with the quotes, you will find that it's a problem with the XML file and the placement of a certain library package... You can attempt to fix it yourself (based on your reading of the above Google search) or contact Cadsoft for support...

KernelPanic

Dec 21, 2012
Do a Google search for

"redefinition of name" Eagle

Complete as typed above with the quotes, you will find that it's a problem with the XML file and the placement of a certain library package... You can attempt to fix it yourself (based on your reading of the above Google search) or contact Cadsoft for support...
But I cannot find neither tag "<bus>" neither those stirng in schematic, if I open it as text file with TextPad application.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Did you read the hits in the Google search I suggested? Read them, understand them... The problem appears to be that one (or more) of the parts you placed in the schematic are screwed up... The error you get is <bus> because it's one of the bus connections that is screwed up... Further it appears to be an IC2 (I2C) bus, do any of the parts in you design use IC2 (I2C), maybe an LCD? If so that is likely the cause of the problem... As some of the links suggest simply moving the part on the grid or redefining the grid fixes the problem... BTW I gathered/garnished all that information in about 10 minutes of reading the links I suggested you read/follow...

If you can't figure it out (or fix it) the links on those Google hits provide a like to Cadsoft's customer support, email them the files and ask for help i'm sure they know exactly what needs to be done...

Last edited: