Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unwanted powered circuit

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
You have the batteries in series but the chargers are in parallel.
Then the chargers do not charge and the switch does nothing.

You need a charger designed to charge at 8.4V which is two Li-PO cells in series.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
You have the batteries in series but the chargers are in parallel.
Then the chargers do not charge and the switch does nothing.

You need a charger designed to charge at 8.4V which is two Li-PO cells in series.
Exactly and many of those charge modules do not have floating output but rather common negative.
So big bang perhaps.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
IF the charger modules are a variation of a non-isolated buck regulator, then there is a clear power path with the switch open.

But ...

Without knowing anything about the charger module, your question is meaningless and impossible to answer. Please post information about the modules: manufacturer, model number, website - anything.

ak

gregfox

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks all, I configured a charger module to charge 8.2V and now it seems to work great. The only question I have is what about balancing? The modules don't have a provision for balance. If I closely match the batteries would that work?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A single Li-PO cell is fully charged at 4.20V and if charged higher then it might explode or catch on fire.
A very cheap multi-cell Li-PO charger does not balance-charge and matched cells can change with time and become unmatched. Then the weakest cell overcharges and explodes or catches on fire. But you saved a few dollars and will get a good show by buying a cheap unbalanced charger.

I saw a Li-PO explode and catch on fire in an RC model airplane. The fire was impossible to extinguish. Luckily it was outside. The charger was a cheapo from ebay.

My local hobby store sells low cost balanced chargers for Li-POs.