Connect with us

Unknown components

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Benny7440, Sep 13, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Benny7440


    Jan 14, 2016
    I've openned 3 different remote controls for tv's and don't know what kind of component are the following: <800C or G944>, <4.00xL> and <T4.006e>.

    Have googled those codes (in fact, used Yahoo search engine, Google and Duchduckgo) but found nothing. Also, have used specialized sites like Datasheet but nothing. This isn't the first time this happens to me; it's like making a search is location dependent. I don't know.

    Need help on both issues. Thanks for any help or advise!

    A photo of the physical component is attached below. IMG_20180913_160004_hdr.jpg
  2. Bluejets


    Oct 5, 2014
    Photo is very blurry.
    Idea is to check the quality before you post.
    Closest one could be a resonator and furtherest looks like it might be an electrolytic cap, but only guessing.
    What seems to be the problem anyhow and do you suspect they may be faulty?
    davenn likes this.
  3. (*steve*)

    (*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

    Jan 21, 2010
    I can't identify the species of plant. You have it well focused, but we're not specialists in that sort of thing.

    The fuzzy, out of focus board with the resonator and the electrolytic capacitor sitting on top of some other undefined object is mostly masking out the plant anyway.
  4. hevans1944

    hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

    Jun 21, 2012
    From the dense growth, the plant may be an invasive species, not native to the island of Puerto Rico. Suggest @Benny7440 take more close-up, in-focus, photographs of what we are to identify and post them here.
    davenn likes this.
  5. Benny7440


    Jan 14, 2016
    I'm sorry for the lack of quality on the photo. I tried with a magnifying lense but it was worst. For sure, I'm not asking about the electrolytic capacitor, it never occured to me that someone might focus on it. Think that the combination of the photo and the components codes made it simple enough to discriminate appropriately: another unjustified assumption by my part.

    In any case, you made already a valuable contribution answering one important question: it is probably that, a resonator.

    Now, how do you make a search with the codes given and get a sound answer? Something new nontheless, what's a resonator? What's inside?
  6. Bluejets


    Oct 5, 2014
    Resonator is a 3 pin device an acts like a crystal with it's 2 capacitors.
    Just like the word says, resonator so it resonates at a particular frequency, just like a crystal only not quite as accurate.
    Most have the frequency stamped on the side.
    Used in many transmitter /receiver circuits.
    Google has many details, circuits and applications if you care to do some searching.
    Sometimes component numbers mean nothing except to the original device manufacturer.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day