Connect with us

Unknown component

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by adrian1232, Sep 21, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. adrian1232


    Jan 22, 2011
    Hi all,

    This is my first post in this forum.

    So basically i want to use an 8051 microcontroller where I will have two input buttons (up and down). Every time the up button is pressed, the output of this 'unknown component' will increase by 10mV. When the down button is pressed, the output will decrease by 10mV. (please see attached photo)

    Can someone please help me in what component to use that will increase and decrease the output by 10mV every time the input buttons (up and down) are pressed ??

    all kind of help will be appreciated :)

    Thank you in advance

    Attached Files:

  2. shrtrnd


    Jan 15, 2010
    If you don't have it, get the data sheet on the 8051.
    We can help, but you'd help yourself by laying the groundwork for yourself.
  3. Resqueline


    Jul 31, 2009
    Since the 8051 doesn't have analog outputs you'll need what is called a D/A Converter (or DAC, Digital to Analog Converter).
  4. adrian1232


    Jan 22, 2011
    Thanks for your reply. Will do some more research on D to A converters
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day