Connect with us

Unknown accessory

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by philpense, May 14, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. philpense

philpense

Apr 17, 2015
    Attached is an image of a cabled accessory with a pin connector. The other end somewhat resembles a microphone. Tested for sound... not a mic. the depression in the head is NOT a hole to allow sound. Looking for an informed opinion

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    looks like a microphone
    you pic is very blurry and hard to really see

An informed opinion would require more info from you ;)

what was it an accessory with ?
    what sort of plug is on the other end ?

D

3. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
    What plug is on the other end?
    How many wires?
    Are they shielded?
    Are they twisted pairs?
    Any chance of a clear photo?

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Yeah, more information please.
    It looks like your 'pin connector' MIGHT be an 'RCA Plug' commonly used for audio/video.
    I can't really get a good look at the other end of the cable. I'm wondering if maybe it might be a 'load' resistor' somebody made-up for test situations,
    Do you read a resistance across your pin connector of 50 or 75 ohms?

5. philpense

philpense

Apr 17, 2015
    Much thanks for the timely reply. As of this writing, my only camera is a Blackberry curve. Trying to troubleshoot the resolution issue. the pin plug jack is identical to all of my headsets. Connected it to a Windows 7 notebook to test it as if it were a microphone. No sound levels seen when using the 'recorder' app. Blackberry camera settings are: 1600 X 1200, Quality: Superfine, Flash setting: Automatic. Have taken images from varying distances with no change in clarity... Will experiment without the flash and with a separate light source in the hopes that the exposure time will drop and eliminate the blur. Also might tape the blacberry to a tripod. Much thanks for your continued support

Ask a Question