Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unclear diagram for Stove Top (from manufacter)

Anton_v89

Nov 23, 2012
Hello Guys

I just got myself a used oven with a separate stove top.
The stove top is a ceramic one and is connected to the oven via two terminal blocks.

Ofc the previous owner did not disconnect the terminal blocks from the oven but instead the cables them self from the blocks. So now there are seven loos cables that some how are supposed to go into the two terminal blocks. Luckily I was able to order the service manual from the provider. Yet, for me as a non-expert in electrical issues, I'm not able to clearly understand how it should be connected.

***PROBLEM DESCRIPTION***
Cables from Stove top are to be connected to the terminal blocks W1 and W2 (see diagram), the question is what cable goes where? Seven cables from "AR" to W1 and W2 (VDD, VSS, RX/TX, L1, L2, N [blue], N [blue]). W1 and W2 are to be connected to the Oven that supplies power (400V 3N~). The connection scheme is provided from the manufacturer. On the pictures it is seen that all the cables are named, some only on the backside though (the two blue ones, "N" and the brown "L1" and white "L2").

Please see attached pictures and diagram.

Hope someone are able to solve the diagram unambiguous.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG1826.jpg
    IMAG1826.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG1827.jpg
    IMAG1827.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG1828.jpg
    IMAG1828.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMAG1830.jpg
    IMAG1830.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 141

Anton_v89

Nov 23, 2012
Never thought about checking the color coding of the other cables, might be a good idea. After some translation of the labels on German it gets a little clearer:
AR: Power electronics unit for cooker
V3: Electric cooking plate
W1: power connector [!]
W2: signal connector [!]
K8: Residual heat indicator light display
X2: Ground for cooker
Z4:Bimetal

I have a theory for W2: Looking on the cables from the K8 (Heat indicator) they are all going to LA, LB, LC, LD, all of those if looking on the backside of the board seems to go up to the circuit arround RX/TX white, VSS blue and VDD brown which are all part of W2 (the controll connectors). For me it make sens that those are a part of a signal system? With other word: Vss blue to W2 Vss, Vdd brown to W2 Vdd and Rx/Tx white to W2 Rx/Tx? I dont really know how those cookers works so maybe it is not correct at all...

For W1 the following seems to be possible: N (blue) and N (blue) goes to supplying two stoves each, on the other side of the cookers V3 they end up in terminals "A", "C" and "D", "B". It make sense that those two can be considered as positive supply and both goes to Vdd [230V~ phase 1] and Vdd [230V~ phase 2] (phase 3 is used bye the oven), even if I thought the stove worked on AC and not DC, but maybe the notations Vss and Vdd are used even for AC circuits. To confirm this theory and make the L1 and L2 unambiguous and to solve Vss and Rx/Tx on W1, there can be seen that K8 (the heat indicator) has four signal in lines and one ("II") going to terminal L1 that seems to be some kind of ground supply. From that my theory is that L1 can been seem as a ground supply (for both K8 and half of the V3:s (by looking on the backside of the board it can be seen that L1 is supplying two stoves and L2 the other two)) and therefore L1 should connect to Vss on W1 (Vss - negativ/ground supply) and the last L2 to Rx/Tx. It can also been seen that the soldering to L1, L2, N and N are much more robust than to the signal cables which also supports my theory. Considering the colours on the cables, white is according to my theory used to Tx/Rx both for W1 and for W2. Although, the blue cables make no sence. 2xN is blue and connected to Vdd on W2 and for the signal cable the blue goes to Vss instead. But maybe they use different color logic for the supply and the signals. Anyone agrees on this theory?

Anton_v89

Nov 23, 2012
Made some measurements on the modules W1 from the oven, and the results where which works fine after connecting everything, Rx/tx - phase 1, Vss - zero, Vdd - phase 2, Vdd - zero, which does not make any sense at all. So I believe that they just changed and updated this board since they made this manual... W2 are just to be connected to the labels on top of the board, they are all supplying low voltage signals.

(L1 I connected to the first phase and L2 to the second phase, the two blue cables to the zero lines)