Connect with us

Unable to use external clk

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by rabhishek91, Jun 9, 2013.

1. rabhishek91

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
    Hi everyone.:)
    Finally i finished programming my first code and tried burning it onto ATmeag32A micro-controller using Ponyser programmer via WinAVR. The program was successfully burnt but there is a complication.

I have programmed MCU to use 16MHz external frequency (crystal frequency) but now it is working at 1MHz using inbuilt clock. I have made the necessary alterations before burning the program. However, i am not succeeding with it.

Also, i got a warning but my program burning process was successful. Below is the screenshot of the same. Please help me and guide me in correct path.:confused:

Attached Files:

• Burn.jpg
      Burn.jpg
      File size:
      143.1 KB
      Views:
  2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    The clock source selection is controlled by five fuse bits: CKSEL3, CKSEL2, CKSEL1, CKSEL0 and CKOPT. See the sections on Clock Sources and Crystal Oscillator for details. These fuse bits cannot be changed by firmware; they must be programmed by the device programmer. The device programmer will probably accept command-line parameters to specify the values to be programmed into the fuse bit registers.

As for the error report from avrgcc, it is complaining about line 25 in burn.c. You need to post burn.c here so we can figure out why avrgcc is complaining about it.

Ask a Question