Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Unable to attach files

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
Hi everyone.
I am unable to attach files from past 2 days. I tried many times but manage attachments is not working.
Please help

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Can you describe *how* it's not working for you?

Is it failing to open?

Is it failing to allow you to select images?

Is it failing to upload them?

Is it failing to show the uploaded images on your messages?

Or is it something else?

Then...

What browser are you using?

Has it worked for you in the past?

What has changed on your machine since it last worked?

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
Can you describe *how* it's not working for you?

Is it failing to open?

Is it failing to allow you to select images?

Is it failing to upload them?

Is it failing to show the uploaded images on your messages?

Or is it something else?

Then...

What browser are you using?

Has it worked for you in the past?

What has changed on your machine since it last worked?

"Is it failing to open?" - Yes sir. It's not opening.

"What browser are you using?"- I am using Google chrome sir.

"Has it worked for you in the past?"- Yes sir i have used it several times before.

"What has changed on your machine since it last worked?" - Nothing sir.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
can you try using IE or firefox ... I personally dont use chrome and dont know if there is anything weird that it does ??

now assuming you remember how to attach files ?

1) ... click on Go Advanced button below your text box
it opens up another section below the text box with a button called Manage Attachments

2) ... click on Manage Attachments button and a small window will open up so you can upload a file from your computer ...
4) ... click on Browse button and go to the location on your puter where the file is
5) ... select that file
6) ... once its selected it will appear in the box to the left of the Browse button
7) ... click the Upload button and the file name will appear under a heading of current attachments ( in that small window)

Dave

Attachments

• 120607 tornadic supercell near Simla, CO, USA.jpg
    120607 tornadic supercell near Simla, CO, USA.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 134

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
If the window isn't opening, the first thing I'd check is that Google Chrome isn't blocking popups (*something* must have changed, and I'm not familiar with how Chrome gets updated. Maybe it has and you didn't notice).

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
I'm having issues with FF uploads too. New attach stuff tab opens, but takes ages to upload. then the server resets before it finishes.

I got round the problem by taking a lower resolution Screen Shot of my pics, which where approx 4608x3456p and around 5335.1 kb. in original trim. Worked right away with lower size.

I'm sure I have uploaded in that res before, maybe with the faster modem. Been a while though. I could have done lower res before too, cant remember.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
got round the problem by taking a lower resolution Screen Shot of my pics, which where approx 4608x3456p and around 5335.1 kb. in original trim.

you gotta be kidding??!! you were trying to upload that size ?

Have you never noticed what the max file size is supposed to be ?
it tells you in the upload window :)
~ 100 kb not 5000 kb or so no wonder the server was kicking you off ;)
and preferably keep them to a max of 800x600 NOT 1000's x 1000's

Dave

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
can you try using IE or firefox ... I personally dont use chrome and dont know if there is anything weird that it does ??

now assuming you remember how to attach files ?

1) ... click on Go Advanced button below your text box
it opens up another section below the text box with a button called Manage Attachments

2) ... click on Manage Attachments button and a small window will open up so you can upload a file from your computer ...
4) ... click on Browse button and go to the location on your puter where the file is
5) ... select that file
6) ... once its selected it will appear in the box to the left of the Browse button
7) ... click the Upload button and the file name will appear under a heading of current attachments ( in that small window)

Dave

"click on Manage Attachments button and a small window will open up so you can upload a file from your computer ..." - i am not getting any window. I have used it several times but its not working for me from past 3 days.

rabhishek91

Feb 15, 2013
If the window isn't opening, the first thing I'd check is that Google Chrome isn't blocking popups (*something* must have changed, and I'm not familiar with how Chrome gets updated. Maybe it has and you didn't notice).

Sir i have enabled the popup settings but it is not working for me:(

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
you gotta be kidding??!! you were trying to upload that size ?

I've noticed recently that if I try to upload some image that is too large the forum software resizes it.

Moderately large is OK. Ridiculous, probably less so.

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
It will be a pop up blocker. Google is forever changing your settings, sometimes on a daily basis, with all their patches and updates. Part of the reason I like FF.

As Steve said. Try another browser, if that works it brings us closer to finding the problem.

Re large pics. What if I upload to somewhere that allows my full quality and just insert image link? I really like to keep all the EXIF info intact, for those that care. Not that it matters for the stuff I was uploading for the destruction thread. Although I know I appreciate a good hi-res destruction pic...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
................Re large pics. What if I upload to somewhere that allows my full quality and just insert image link? I really like to keep all the EXIF info intact, for those that care. Not that it matters for the stuff I was uploading for the destruction thread. Although I know I appreciate a good hi-res destruction pic...

its not really essential for a forum like this .... different if it was a photographic forum where EXIF data is valuable for others wanting to know how a pic was taken ... on an electronics forum, no one gives a crap LOL
You will find most forums have a limitation on pixel count and file size
yup I resized you pix in the electronics mortuary thread ;) if you keep all your pix to about that size it will save me having to resize them. they havent lost any of their viewability quality as a result ... I even brightened one of them up so its clearer

Honestly I'm not really interested in following some link to some huge file that takes time to D/L and I think you will find most people feel the same way. Again its not necessary on this style of forum

When it comes to kb size on forums, you need to remember some one is having to pay for that data input and storage of huge files on the server he is renting space on .... guess who ?? yeah, the poor forum owner, so keep that in mind and give him a break where possible :)

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I tried with Mozilla Firefox sir. It worked.:)

Yeah, that's what I use.

I think your problem is that something in Chrome was stopping popups even after you turned that feature off.

If you are comfortable with Firefox, stick with it. Otherwise you can try to find what options you have for allowing Chrome to let these popups through.

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
I used chrome for a bit, sometimes still use it as second browser (I can have up to 4 running at once Opera safari chrome and FF) But the updates drive me batty. Google always knows best in their opinion. No mater how I customize it, they will change it by the end of the week, sometimes within the hour, with an update they never asked me if I want. I also found the community less than helpful. As well as a bunch of privacy issues I wont go into here.

I am a Firefox Beta tester. Using nightly build 23.0a1 now :) Its great. The betas dont always work right, but I honestly haven't had to report an issue since version 8 was almost due for release. And that was a gaming issue that 99.9% of people would never come across.

Love my add ons. Especially Ad block plus! I never see adds. Ever. If I do I click the block button and ban em for life :D

If I ever have a problem, the community is always very helpful :) Frankly its the only browser I trust to work well, while operating as I want. Chrome is a tiny bit faster in many releases, but it drives your cpu twice as hard for the small gain. Running a separate process for each tab, making it a bugger to reel in if it goes rouge... If I have other stuff running, as I often do (Music, circuit sim, calculator, are nearly always open, sometimes a video player too) chrome will crash my system if I open more than 50 tabs, and I often have 100-200 open as i research stuff.

Firefox is great :D

I used IE once. to download firefox :D

Mongrel Shark

Jun 6, 2012
LOL. I like my space theme make up :)

attachment.php

Grey browsers give me a headache :)

Although I have been know to put this on a few mates browsers when they are not looking

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tinkerbell-flyinganimated/

The animated sparkles and off green boarders will liven up any browser :D

Attachments

• sdf.JPG
    sdf.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 140