Connect with us

Ultrasound Modules

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by NPB777, Feb 13, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. NPB777

NPB777

Jan 21, 2016
    Hello everyone,

Where can I get Ultrasound Transducers working at different frequencies? Presently, HC SR04 is available which works at 40 KHz. Can I get modules which works in Mhz range? Or is there any other means of generating Ultrasound in Mhz range?

Also, what is the best frequency to be used for Underwater purposes?

With regards

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    I can't make any recommendations regarding the transducers, but have a look at this re underwater acoustics.

hevans1944 likes this.
  3. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    The HC SR04 is NOT designed for underwater use. For underwater ultrasonic transducers see this page and visit the links found there. Considerable signal conditioning is required for operation in the megahertz range.

Instead of asking us for transducer recommendations, please tell us what you are trying to do.

4. NPB777

NPB777

Jan 21, 2016
    Can any one suggest some good cheap ultrasound modules for underwater communication?

5. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    I doubt you'll find any which are good and cheap. Did you try what was suggested in post #3?

6. NPB777

NPB777

Jan 21, 2016
    @heavens
    I want to measure pH and temperature near the bed of the water and transmit the measured values to the buoy at the surface. The desired data rate is several kbps. The buoy will be half floating and half submerged. The submerged portion will have the receiver which receives the transmitted. Will HC SR 04 work?

7. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    No. See post #3.

Ask a Question