Connect with us

Ultrasonic Transducer Driver adjust frequency

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by supak111, Sep 15, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. supak111

supak111 ★ƃuᴉɯǝɥɔs sʎɐʍlɐ★

Apr 29, 2012
    Hey everyone, I'm messing around the some ultrasonic transducers, I have a few 40Khz, 28Khz..... But I only have a 40Khz 110v driver.

Was wonder if anyone can tell me if this drive could be modified for different frequencies? It would be best if I could modify it so that I can adjust the frequency on a the fly. Any ides?

[​IMG]

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    If the inductor is part of the frequency-determining network then changing that would alter the frequency.

3. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    The output transformer is usually 'tuned' to the transducer (resonance) as the drive voltage is considerably higher than the supply voltage and, as a result, you can't use them at different frequencies.

4. supak111

Apr 29, 2012
    Oh ok thank you, figured I'd ask since I had no clue

5. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    The datasheet of the ultrasonic transducer will show a graph of its very narrow range of frequencies. Maybe 38kHz to 42kHz.

6. supak111

Apr 29, 2012
    I have few transducers those aren't the issue, but I only have one driver. I know which frequency transducers I have, I just didn't want to buy more drivers if I can make this one adjustable

Ask a Question