Connect with us

Ultrasonic transducer ciruit malfunction

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by roylaster, Dec 17, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. roylaster

roylaster

Dec 17, 2015
    I have an old Sunbeam ultrasonic Humidifier. The fan works, but the transducer circuit is blowing the 1A fuse. When I pulled the rectifier diodes out I found them to be blown. What I noticed is that before the 2nd fuse broke the positive terminal of the transducer was drawing significant amount of current to the point of melting the insulation a little. The transducer doesn't look cracked and is not shorted.

Now I found this thread:

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/ultrasonic-cleaner-not-working.64155/

This person had a similar problem and I am just not sure how exactly they fixed it at the end. There was some mention of capacitors being faulty, The cap packages in my circuit look ok and I dont have a multimeter that is capable of testing caps. Is it possible that the only thing they changed was the fuse and rectifier diodes?

Edit: added a line describing the transducer condition
    Edit 2 Grammar

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to EP :)

show us some sharp, and well lit pics of the circuit board(s) so we know what is being spoken of

Dave

Ask a Question