Connect with us

ultrasonic receiver

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by himanshu0128, Apr 13, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. himanshu0128

himanshu0128

Mar 21, 2016
    Hey Guys..
    I am designing an ultrasonic receiver using op amp TL081 but my detection range is very less ; approximately 30cm..Please can anyone tell me how to increase the range..If i increase my op amp gain, noise level also increases and thus it doesn't help.
    Thank you

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there

start by showing us your circuit

3. himanshu0128

himanshu0128

Mar 21, 2016
    receiver.PNG
    this is the receiver circuit. It is working fine up till 6 feet. but at a distance of less than 5cm, the output voltage is saturating(25+), while at maximum distance( 6 feet), the output voltage is 3V..Now my doubt is:
    1). How to increase the range of this circuit if possible.?
    2). How to automatically control the gain so that my output voltage at less distance doesn't saturate while at more distance, it receives an appreciable output voltage.
    3). I am planning to interface this circuit with an arduino uno for LCD display. pls help me with the same..

4. Colin Mitchell

Colin Mitchell

Aug 31, 2014
Ask a Question