Connect with us

Ultra sigma and ds2000a upgrading

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by bigone5500, Feb 15, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    I have posted this to EEVBlog but cannot get a response...

I am using ultra sigma to communicate to my scope through LAN and have sent the command to get the data supposedly needed to obtain the keys for the upgrade. However, I cannot figure out how to copy the data to a text file and name it to a .bin file. I have tried to export history data to the .csv file but rigup does not find any keys.

Can anyone give advice or help on what to do?

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    What does the manufacturer's web site say?

3. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    There are no manuals on the website. I was hoping someone has had the same problem as I am.

4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Have you tried emailing the supplier or manufacturer?

I have no real idea what you're trying to do, and in the absence of me (or anyone else) being able to give you a quick answer, I would be approaching these sources for assistance on using equipment they have sold or manufactured.

5. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    Thanks to the guys on EEVBlog, I was able to achieve what I set out to do. I did not use the Ultra Sigma software either.

View my post here: EEVBlog

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Oh, now I see. You were trying to do a "free upgrade" to enable certain features that are normally paid for.

It would have been easier if you had said so.

My advice would have been to re-read the threads on eevblog more carefully :)

7. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    Yes, the cat is now out of the bag. I didn't want to have the same discussion going on on two forums at once. But I could not get an answer very well there or on google. You are right though, reading very carefully is a +.

Speaking of cats...mine ran away...:(

8. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I have three cats. Do you want one?

Ask a Question