Connect with us

UK supplier for 6pin din

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Mike, May 28, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mike

    Mike Guest


    I am looking for a supplier for a 6 pin din male to female converter (not
    mini / PS/2) in the UK - ie a gender changer. This needs to be openable so
    I can get in and swap a couple of pins. I have tried farnell and maplin,
    but they seem to only to supply plugs and sockets. Anybody know where I can
    get one ?


  2. Graham W

    Graham W Guest

    You'd be far better off getting a line plug and socket and wiring the
    two ,with the required adjustment, with a foot cable. This takes the
    mechanical strain of the extended assembly off the chassis socket.
    The bits should be easier to get, too.
  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    You'd be far better off getting a line plug and socket and wiring the
    The existing cable to which I need to connect this is rather lightweight and
    used very infrequently. I don't want to make the overall cable any longer
    than it is already, hence me wanting to wire a converter rather than an
    extra cable.

  4. Get some of the better ones, like the nickel plated Neutrik ones, remove
    the cable strain releifs, and use just enough wire to reach so that you can
    put it together like Mike says, but then stuff the slack into both plugs so
    they butt against each other, then bind them with heatshrink sleeving. Hold
    the pin ends between finger and thumb to clamp gently while blowing hot air
    tangentially across the axis so you heat only the heatshrink.
  5. Umm, like Graham says. Sorry..
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day