Connect with us

UK 40 way Edge Connector 2.54mm - Picture Attached

Discussion in 'General Electronics' started by Aly, Sep 29, 2006.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Aly

    Aly Guest


    Would anyone know of a source of 40 way edge connectors as seen in the image

    I've checked the various sites; RS, Farnell, Rapid, Maplin etc. RS do them
    for £30 per unit. Maplin do 62 way (2x31) units for about £1.50.

    I'm looking ideally for right angle PCB mount connectors.

    With thanks,

  2. Mark D

    Mark D Guest

    Check the US houses like Mouser. $5-$10 each in small quantities.

    Also check Jameco as they tend to be cheaper for stuff like that.

  3. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Thanks for the reply. The trouble with the US suppliers is that by the time
    they've added carriage it's just not worth doing. I was quoted $75 to ship
    something weighing 50grams a few months back which wasn't up for discussion,
    so I don't buy from abroad unless they charge what it actually costs.

    Just checking this company for delivery to the UK..

    Minimum Order: 1000. So that's that out.

    Thanks :)

  4. David Wade

    David Wade Guest

    Give John a ring at , Say Dave, ham
    call g4ugm sent you. I can't promise.....
  5. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    Very, very few ppl use edge connectors any more ( especially in the UK ). That's
    your fundamental problem here.

    Why do you need one ?

  6. David Wade

    David Wade Guest

    I would guess that she is tryting to build a cart port device and needs to
    duplicate the connection to allow multiple devices to be stacked....
  7. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    What's a " cart port device " ???

  8. Aly

    Aly Guest

    A cart port device is something that uses 40 way edge connectors.
  9. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    Hahahahahahaha !

    What's a " cart port device " ???

  10. Aly

    Aly Guest

    An expansion cartridge. You know, like the wobbly 16k rampack on a Sinclair
    ZX81, or a plug-in upgrade pack for a storage scope.

  11. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    Oh ! One of those ! Notoriously unreliable.

    Haven't come across that use.

    Why do you need one ?

  12. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Ah, now first mistake is assuming that I *need* one.

    It's all of those Atari users that actually need them, and if they're
    willing to part with their cash then I'll get 50 or so bare cartridges made
    up so they can burn EPROMs full of hacking applications and make alsorts of
    obscure dongles.
  13. Aly

    Aly Guest

  14. I'm a member of the Nixie (tubes) mailing list on Yahoo, and an
    American member of it included an order for some stuff from Digi-Key
    for me - it helped us both, as his order was going to be below their
    minimum, and mine, as I'd have had to cough up a ridiculous amount.

    Worth thinking about if you're in this situation again. I'm sure
    someone here would help you out.
  15. Eeyore

    Eeyore Guest

    How about *want* ???

    I see !

    How about starting with the pitch ? 0.1" ? 0.15", 0.187"....... ?

  16. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Yes. It's 2.54mm, clear as day in the subject header on about, erm....

    We're not allowed to use imperial on threat of being fined £1000 for each
    incursion by the Nanny State.
  17. Aly

    Aly Guest

    Noted. :)


Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day