Connect with us

UCC 28019 CCM POWER FACTOR CORRECTOR

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by memin, May 1, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. memin

memin

May 1, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm trying to run a pfc circuit but i have a problem.
    The circuit belongs to Texas Insruments and "8 pin continuous conduction mode power factor controller" [ focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ucc28019.pdf ] was used.
    When i give the energy to the circuit, mosfet (P20N60 - 650 V - 20.7 A - infineon tech) burn.
    Also mosfet doesn't available on the circuit i get regulated AC voltage from output. But without mosfet, the pfc circuit is meaningless.
    I check all feet of IC. The required voltage avalilable on them.
    But I think the gate foot doesn't trigger mosfet properly.
    What I can do?
    Please help me.

2. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    Are you qualified to be working with mains voltages?

Working with 110V or 220V is dangerous and can kill you. Do you have the skill and knowledge to work with those voltages safely? Considering the type of questions, I suspect the honest answer is NO.

---55p

3. memin

memin

May 1, 2010
    I know how it is dangerous.
    When I am working, qualified personal avaliable around me. Don't worry.
    They don't help me, because they want me solve problem myself.
    So I searched probable solutions so far. But I don't find any solutions because of lack of experience and I try to ask someone
    I expect an answer from someone.

4. Mitchekj

Mitchekj

Jan 24, 2010
    Maybe passive PFC is easier? (Valley fill?)
    Do you REALLY need that 0.99 PF? :)

If your gate weren't being driven, I don't see the FET burning up... no current flow, right?

Edit: But yeah, you have the FET heat sunk, right? What kind of output (in watts) is this supply? (Not the boost PFC stage, I'm asking about the supply you're PFC'ing.) Based on that FET you're using, it's probably dissipating a cool 5-20W at 5-10A, not to mention the switching losses on top of that, etc.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    If the qualified people are unwilling to help you design and built, all their being "avaliable around me" is going to do is to make sure your dead body is promptly transferred to whoever handles death investigations in your country. That is not much help.
    So your solution is to come to a website and demand:
    If these "qualified" people truly think that it is a good idea to let someone with little knowledge and experience figure this out on their own, I seriously question their judgement and whether they are actually qualified.

Maybe the reason they do not want to help is because they know you and realize that this is beyond your capabilities and want no part in this. Based on what you have posted so far, I would tend to agree with that assessment. My recommendation is that this is something too dangerous for someone of your apparent experience level to be playing with.

---55p

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  6. memin

memin

May 1, 2010
    you are speaking continuously 55pilot, but don't produce any solution.
    maybe you want me to be in good, thank you.
    Ok, When I achieve that work, I will write here again.

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Regulated AC voltage? Could you have forgotten the bridge rectifier (or wired it up incorrectly)?

Is your circuit as per the manufacturers specs?

8. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    The solution I am trying to produce is to make you realize that what you are attempting to do is dangerous and you may not have the experience to do it safely.

---55p

Ask a Question