Maker Pro
Maker Pro

UBEC 5v battery to USB - not working

Kyn

Oct 5, 2016
Hi,

I have purchased a pretty standard UBEC set to 5v, and have it connected in a setup which i think is correct, but my iPhone just isnt responding to the charge input. Unfortunately my Micrometer is broken and havent had a chance to buy a new one, hoping there is something glaringly obviously wrong with my set up... I have a 12v simple power light, which when put across the +ve and -ve out from the UBEC, lights up, showing power...

+ve and -ve for the USB side seem to be wired correctly.

input battery is a 5 cell 12v battery.

Pic of setup attached.

any help would be appreciated !!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 122

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
You'll have a hard time trying to measure battery voltage or anything else remotely associated with a micrometer.

What is the battery?
5 cell 12v seems odd.

Last edited:

Kyn

Oct 5, 2016
My bad - not micrometer, MULTI-METER. haha

also mistake, 3 cells, 11.1V LIPO

Yeah the phone charges fine of course. I followed what this guy does

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
So now it works fine ?????? Don' t think I've ever seen so many bits and pieces and adaptors to achieve what an available power bank will do at a cost of less than half of the price of the battery used in the video alone.

Kyn

Oct 5, 2016
So now it works fine ?????? Don' t think I've ever seen so many bits and pieces and adaptors to achieve what an available power bank will do at a cost of less than half of the price of the battery used in the video alone.

No, doesnt work... my comment as to the phone charging fine, was in response to the person who asked if the phone charged using a wall socket...