Connect with us

Type of adhesive to use to hold stud on PCB

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by dmccoyks, Oct 1, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dmccoyks


    Sep 26, 2017
    I have a motherboard that has a screw stud that came off that is used to secure M.2 hard drive. I need to glue it back onto the board.

    Is epoxy the best solution to fix this or what adhesive do you recommend? If Epoxy, is there a special kind I have to use or will any epoxy work? Thank you for your help
  2. kellys_eye


    Jun 25, 2010
    'Came off'....?? How? Sheared? Metal, plastic?

    Two-part epoxy (JB Weld, Araldite etc) is the usual adhesive - unless there is a hole to re-tap, larger stand-off to fit etc.
  3. dmccoyks


    Sep 26, 2017
    Thanks for your help. I found some epoxy and it worked great
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day