Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Two way motor switch control circuit problem.

puntaci_69

Jan 7, 2015
The blinds control in the house has two way push button. One for closing and other for opening blinds.
BxupQrv.jpg

And the switch is here,

Ickx3cP.png

The problem is that; the childrens push the two buttons at the same time. There is no protection circuit for this.Therefore the motor wants to turn down and immediately turns up. There is no short circuit but after some time, motor dies. I searched different types of switches and found one way down and up switch. They can be solution but i want to design a circuit and use it to protect motor. The truth table should be smth like that;
x89b3t6.png

The motor has 3 cables. Blue, brown and black. Blue is notr cable. If brown is touched with positive cable, it turns down, if black cable touched to the positive cable it turns up. I thought and draw an circuit but i want to get smarter solutions, for example the solution may be overriden with using maybe a few diodes.

My circuit;

7GqnjGv.png

X is push button 1,
Y is push button 2 in the switch. I draw two motors showed with M but think that they are same motor but different rotation cables.

also i have another solution. I can use one relay 240V and the same time switching can be controlled. But i have to create a circuit which can provide 5 - 9 -12 or 24 V dc voltage to relay. It makes my circuit bigger and i cant put thiscircuit to back of the switch in the home.

Please help me, any solution will make me happy.
Thanks.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
It's too bad that is the switch that is being used... A simple SPDT momentary rocker switch would do the trick.
605998.jpg
It would 'physically' not allow you to push the rocker in two directions at the same time.. and would not require messing with the wiring.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Yep, an on-off-on switch is just what you need.

Bob