Connect with us

Two signals to the same guitar's endpin jack

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bluebb, Apr 23, 2019.

1. darren adcock

darren adcock

Sep 26, 2016
    "My fear is that the preamp output also feeding the K&K piezo can burn it and the circuit closes and the impedance that sees the preamp is zero and then the preamp is also burned."

I can't see how this could happen. Even in the unlikely worst case scenario and you do fry the K&K and it becomes open, all that happens is you short the output of the preamp to ground which in my understanding will just result in no sound. Similar to for instance if you damage a jack lead resulting in the signal (tip) becoming shorted to the ground (sleeve), happens all the time and nothing bad happens, just no sound. As said I'm no expert, I'm at my limit in being able to help you further, others with more experience may help you more here.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. bluebb

bluebb

Feb 7, 2019
    All I have written is what I think, and I opened this thread to get confirmation from you experts that what I'm doing is correct.
    Please read what Audioguru wrote to post number # 21,or also Alec_t at post # 22

https://www.electronicspoint.com/fo...-volume-control-for-each-pickup.290845/page-2

in this thread I had different plans, but the concept is the same.

I only ask if 4.7k resistor is enough or it must be higher.

Thank you.

3. bluebb

bluebb

Feb 7, 2019
    please check this article,this the reason i connected the input to the centre lug:

https://www.stewmac.com/How-To/Onli...ing/Understanding_Guitar_Wiring_I-4000_4.html

Thanks

darren adcock likes this.
  4. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Interesting, thanks for pointing that out.
    But imho not required if the output of the pot is to the high impedance input of an amplifier.

Ask a Question