Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV sound problems

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
TV sound problems.

Like most LED screens my picture is excellent but the sound leaves much to be desired. Like most mature people I have slight hearing problems. I need to add a hi fi system but being in a small pensioner flat there is no room around the TV.

I therefore need to set one up a short distance away beside my favourite chair where it can be heard by everyone but under my control for volume etc.. I cannot get under the house to poke wires across and to conceal them under the carpet is impracticable. The only solution is to send a signal by wireless which cannot be Bluetooth because of the delay factor.

Where can I obtain a small inexpensive TX/RX system that I can adapt to meet my needs?
Deigh

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The only solution is to send a signal by wireless which cannot be Bluetooth because of the delay factor.

what delay ?
I use BT headphones on my PC for listing to music videos and movies. There is no noticeable delay

Where can I obtain a small inexpensive TX/RX system that I can adapt to meet my needs?

since it is also a radio link, it would also suffer any delays that you think might exist :)

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
delayed audio or video can be an issue with wired setups, too. Today, many TVs and/or home theater systems can be adjusted to compensate this delay.

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
I understood that there was a standard 2tenths of a second delay in bluetooth signals. This has always been a problem when playing an instrument but perhaps it is unimportant on normal watching, I'll have another look at bluetooth.