Connect with us

TV set - I have broken it

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by kellogs, Feb 21, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kellogs

kellogs

Jan 7, 2014
    I have unscrewed its back cover, done my work with it (TV working ok), then placed the cover and screwed it back in again; there was some rocking involved in the process. TV working not OK any longer. Aside for what can be seen in the video it also goes black for brief periods.
    And this is not my TV :S
    Can you help fixing it ? What gives ?
    Thanks

http://194.150.85.156:8080/html/VID_20160221_144602.mp4

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Presumably the rocking resulted in excess pressure on some component and broke it or dislodged it or cracked a circuit board trace? I'd recommend a VERY careful inspection of the whole set with a powerful magnifier.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    make and model mite help
    and a list of the repair work you did

4. kellogs

kellogs

Jan 7, 2014
    Ah, false alarm, sorry. It was just a loose HDMI connection due to the HDMI extension cord. Thank you both.

5. kellogs

kellogs

Jan 7, 2014
    Or.. not so fake. Of the two HDMI ports one behaves as described. The other one presents similar symptoms but on a much lower scale - almost none. I am guessing I should look at the HDMI connectors.

6. AmidBahar

AmidBahar

Mar 6, 2016
    Hello

Please let me what was the problem initially and what you repair it. So that we can assist you in a better way.

7. kellogs

kellogs

Jan 7, 2014
    Well, visual inspection revealed nothing wrong, and the problem only manifests itself if that HDMI extension cord is used. I don't think I should bother anymore about it. thanks anyway.

Ask a Question