Connect with us

TV Repair VIZIO Model: VO47LFHDTV10A

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Eche, Mar 13, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Eche

Eche

Mar 3, 2013
    Hello, just thought i would share my latest repair. I worked on this recently and the original problem was the tv's back light would not come on. The 470mF cap on the power boards secondary phase closest to the 2 inductors was bad as well as the 4 680mF caps on both the master and slave inverter boards were bad. The fuse was also blown on the master inverter board..this is a surface mount 10amp 60v fuse. DO NOT jump this fuse..replace it. Hope this helps

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. Sinewave

Sinewave

Feb 15, 2013
    How did you find the bad cap? Was the reading down? Did you have to use an LCR to find it? I sometimes can read a bad cap as reading fine with a regular capacitance meter, unless I put an LCR on it and add a frequency.

3. Eche

Eche

Mar 3, 2013
    Actually...its rather simple...they pop up when they are blown..kinda like a 4 slice pizza...i i have photos if needed.

4. Sinewave

Sinewave

Feb 15, 2013
    Not necessarily.

Many capacitors can fail and look as good as they did the day they were made.

5. Eche

Eche

Mar 3, 2013
    While that us true these Did Not as they poped up.

Ask a Question