Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Tv remote codes

Noel Dsouza

Sep 3, 2014
Could someone provide me the codes used by a remote to change the channel? I know that different brands have different codes. And also how to get information stored on a chip what hardware and software do I need

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Could someone provide me the codes used by a remote to change the channel? I know that different brands have different codes. And also how to get information stored on a chip what hardware and software do I need
The 'codes' used could be a reference to the 'code' you enter on a universal remote to program it, or the specific signal sent to the TV...
What are you trying to accomplish?

JoeM

Sep 5, 2014
Most universal programmable remotes program themselves, you only need to know what model of TV you have to look-up the proper set of codes to use with your model. There are some remotes that will let you hunt for the proper codes, you simply toggle through settings, one by one, testing the power button on each. If the power button works, then you test the rest of the buttons to verify the right codes. The reason being that similar models use similar codes, but not all are exact, so it is common to get power to work, but not some other functions.
Universal programmable remotes are so common, and cheap, that it makes no sense to try to repair a failed remote.
If you wanted to read the codes coming out of your remote, you can do that with an Arduino Uno, and IR diode receiver, and a small program you can download off of the internet. The remotes codes for some remotes require that you know how it all works. Many of them are proprietary, and have to be hacked. If you find the code for the Arduino, you will also find some very good help in understanding IR remotes.

Google can be used to find almost anything, but saying 'almost', is kind of limiting, I really mean much more than 'almost', but no all.

I wish I could be of more help, but your question needs to be expanded a bit in order to know what your goal is, and what you are exactly working with.

Noel Dsouza

Sep 3, 2014
i was looking for the codes that are assigned to each individual button for eg:- if i press the power off button the remote sends a particular signal to the tv, if i press the volume button a different signal is sent i was looking for this signal, as i believe there are different codes used by different manufacturers.
thanks

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I think you've got the information you need from the previous posts.
Yes. Different manufacturers use different codes for different model units.
There is no universal code combination. You need to know which model unit you want the correct code for.

JoeM

Sep 5, 2014
I had bought a Samsung speaker bar for my Samsung TV, and it had an IR remote to adjust base level, and overall volume. It was only two minutes into owning it that I noticed that the remote interacted with the IR on my Grace Digital Mondo, I called for support, and they knew it, and had no solution for fixing it, so a black sock hangs on my Mondo IR port. So much for manufacturers all using their own codes. It would be for their own good to do that, as I was going to return the speaker. How many people will have a Mondo in the same room as that speaker? Not too many, so I guess they don't care, and if it can happen to these two products, it can happen to others.

The cool things about the Arduino suggestion I made above, is that you can not only read codes from other remotes and display them, you can reprogram the remote they give you with the IR receiver shield, and duplicate them to create your own macro's by chaining commands together.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009

There are dozens and dozens of codes ...

yes and even different models within different brands

so how do you expect us to be able to help you ?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
i was looking for the codes that are assigned to each individual button for eg:- if i press the power off button the remote sends a particular signal to the tv, if i press the volume button a different signal is sent i was looking for this signal, as i believe there are different codes used by different manufacturers.
thanks
Just a heads up... When you buy a universal remote control, the included booklet is roughly 4-6 pages of codes which is at least 4000-5000 codes. These codes are not 'buttons' or 'sent' codes. They are merely a specific code to set the remote to a specific brand/model combination. You could compare the code book between different universal remote manufacturers... and OMG, the codes in the books are different too.
Once a universal remote is programmed with it's own unique code to tell it what brand/model it is controlling, it assigned the appropriate internal code to each button. This is what you need, the actual signal that is sent from the device.
Here is the tricky part, you wont find this in the book for the TV, or the book for the remote.
You will have to be creative and see if you can get lucky enough to find the actual signal spec for the device, or you will need to buy a universal remote, program it with one of it's hundreds of codes, then watch the IR LED with a scope or logic analyser to copy the signal you want to use.

They have universal remote apps for Android devices, as well as smart remotes, and things like X10 home automation systems. There is bound to be some documentation somewhere that will tell you what signals are used for each button for at least a couple hundred brands/model of devices... I wish you the best of luck though.

Noel Dsouza

Sep 3, 2014
Gryd3 thanks
i was considering using something to physically analyse the signal but i hope it doesn't come to that.

joeM thanks for the arduino tip

will it be possible to extract the remote's memory chip and get the codes from there
i have no experience in the above mentioned field so if possible please elaborate
thanks

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Gryd3 thanks
i was considering using something to physically analyse the signal but i hope it doesn't come to that.

will it be possible to extract the remote's memory chip and get the codes from there
i have no experience in the above mentioned field so if possible please elaborate
thanks
This sounds self-contradictory... Pulling memory out of a remote and disassembling it and trying to determine what numerical code in the book refers to what block of codes in memory is going to be far more work than simply programming the remote until it works, and analysing the IR LED output.

In any case, here is a couple references for you:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-control-your-TV-with-an-Arduino/
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
SIR jdixon . . . . .

RM-VLZ620 SONY UNIVERSAL Remote Control
It was developed in 2008 and that was the date that its " Brains and MEMORY" capabilities were stuffed / installed, so don't expect it to have any codes for you . . .
As it will just say WHO the H*ll is this young upstart ? . . . . . TOPPING ? ? ? ?
Instead, you are going to have to place the TOPPING units IR transmitter . . . .nose to nose . . . with the SONY receive IR sensor and use the learning
feature of the SONY for the needed codes from the TOPPING being transferred into the SONY via its I.R. code learning capability.
A la . . . . . page 20 . . .
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/163465/Sony-Rm-Vlz620.html?page=20#manual

BUT, then that will just replicate the toggling between two inputs as the actual two sources differentiation is being within the TOPPING unit
So don't even think that you are going to be able to have a "custom" and separate separate input 1 and input 2 button on the Sony unit.
To allay your presumably present situation of . . . . "I can't read the da*n units display . . . . from 30 ft away !"

(I could though, by decoding a select display segment(s) and driving 2 separate mini LED's placed on distinctly separated sides of the unit.)

73's de Edd . . . . .

carlosboyd

May 18, 2022
Most universal programmable remotes program themselves, you only need to know what model of TV you have to look-up the proper set of codes to use with your model. There are some remotes that will let you hunt for the proper codes, you simply toggle through settings, one by one, testing the power button on each. If the power button works, then you test the rest of the buttons to verify the right codes. The reason being that similar models use similar codes, but not all are exact, so it is common to get power to work, but not some other functions.
Universal programmable remotes are so common, and cheap, that it makes no sense to try to repair a failed remote.
If you wanted to read the codes coming out of your remote, you can do that with an Arduino Uno, and IR diode receiver, and a small program you can download off of the internet. The remotes codes for some remotes require that you know how it all works. Many of them are proprietary, and have to be hacked. If you find the code for the Arduino, you will also find some very good help in understanding IR remotes.

Google can be used to find almost anything, but saying 'almost', is kind of limiting, I really mean much more than 'almost', but no all.
funai blu ray player remote code
I wish I could be of more help, but your question needs to be expanded a bit in order to know what your goal is, and what you are exactly working with.
I've used the searching technique for the code in AV1 or AV2 mode without success. Short of using the Bu-Ray Player remote, does anyone knows the remote code for the listed Bu-Ray Player? Any help would be appreciated.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir carlosboyd . . . . .

I've used the searching technique for the code in AV1 or AV2 mode without success.
And I don't think that you will . . . . even in another 1000 years. You will have to use the LEARN mode.

BTW what piece of equipment is this AV-1 and AV-2 function on ?
It sounds weird, to be part of a " BLu-Ray Player " . . . . . I would expect that function being related with a Tuner Power Amp.

Also, you didn't specify if your equipment brand and model number ?
But, if you are using this exact mentioned RCA RM-VLZ620 remote .

HOW TO USE THE LEARN PROCEDURE CAPABILITIES OF THE RCA RM-VLZ620 UNIT . . .

Read instructions of page 20-26 and specifically where they are programming in and LEARNING the code of an infrared signal from an AIR CONDITIONER ! . . . . no less !
The RCA unit lists TV-CBL-DVR-DVD-BD-VCR-CD and AMP
Seems like you could then select a device / function from above which you do not have, nor ever need to use, and use ITS device / function button to then be able to take two buttons and assign them to be the AV-1 and AV-2 two functions of the factory remote of your problem unit and mate up your ORIGINAL remote, face to face with the RCA remote to learn those two remote codes on your own choice of two buttons..
That way . . . you press in that unit / device type button and then press either of the two assigned buttons that you wanted to use for AV-1 and AV-2 . . . .which would then spit out those LEARNED codes. Thus getting the AV-1 and AV-2 options from the RCA unit now.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4170/41706391M.pdf

LONG-LONG-LONG . . . . . time . . .no hear from Gryd3
35967.jpg

73's de Edd . . . . .

Avoid parking tickets by leaving your wipers turned to 'fast wipe' whenever you leave your car parked at a meter .