Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TV Picture fault. NEED HELP ASAP

gately87

Apr 19, 2011
Hey, i have a Kendo (Hitachi) TV. For about a month there has been one black line running horizontally through the middle of the screen. It wasnt that bad at first and didnt bother me because i usually use my xbox to watch movies and etc. There was no problem with the picture while in AUX, just the regular channels. After a few weeks the single black line has gotten to be atleast 2 inches thick, still only in the middle of the screen. But now the top half of the screen above the black line is vertically stretched out. Along the top of the black line everything is crunched down and then expands. Since it has gotten worse the problem now affects my AUX channel keeping me from being able to watch tv, movies, and from playing games. I have researched the problem but I cant seem to find any helpful information, or the problems arent the same. Is there any way that I can fix the problem? Does anyone know what is causing this? I would be very very happy if there is a non expensive solution. thank you

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Welcome to the Forum,

is this a CRT screen TV or a LCD/Plasma screen ?

I will initially (without further info) assume a CRT screen, sounds like a vertical amplifier circuit fault. Depending on the age of the TV it may have discrete transistor amplifier or maybe an IC. You will need to identify that section of the circuit.
It may be something as simple as a couple of electrolytic capacitors dried out in that area, through to the IC failing or a mixture of both.

cheers
Dave