Connect with us

tv head phones

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by donkey, Jan 6, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    hey all. am after a schematic for a head phone system
    the idea is to use the audio out on the tv to get the sound then send this via a preset fm frequency (2 t.v.'s so need 2 seperate channels) hopefully on the AM or FM band. I have seen many projects for fm transmitter microphones but am unsure if the tv out will need amplification for sending and am completely lost on getting it to tune in to a free channel.

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Are you aware of your local regulations for using HF transmission? It may not be easy to find freely usable channels that are not already used by others.

Your personal ambitions aside, why not buy a set of wireless headphones? Amazon has them starting at ~14$.

Anyway: the speaker/headphone output of the TV will deliver considerably more signal amplitude than a microphone. Therefore if you chose to build a transmission based on a wireless microphone, you will most probably have to attenuate the TV's signal or remove the pre-amplifier from the microphone circuit.
    You will need a headphone amplifier at the receiving end since the circuit is probably not designed for direct drive of headphones but as input to an amplifier.

Harald

3. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    hey harald thanks for the reply.
    the reason I amafter the schematic is I see alot of these on ebay but they all operate on 86mhz. I am wanting 2 seperate transmitters that can be tuned so they don't interfere with each other.
    I am of the opinion right now that I could pssoibly mod one of those in car ipod thingies as someof them allow you to choose a frequency. the reason I want it on fm band is to make the receiver unit cheap. I can buy a little fm radio for $2 and plugin a comfortable headset.

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    An FM wireless mike circuit should work fine. You will need to reduce, not aplify the TV output since it will be at a much higher level than a microphone.

Bob

Ask a Question